We contract with licensed mental health practitioners, occupational & physical therapists, and SUD recovery specialists, to provide goal-driven animal-assisted interventions in group and individual treatment settings.
Learn how our
Certified therapy animals can:
- STRENGTHEN the therapeutic alliance between patients and health care providers
- ENHANCE an integrative health care plan with the evidence-based, alternative and complementary healing that only animals can provide; and
- ADDRESS co-occurring disorders to PTSD and substance abuse - such as depression & anxiety - while empowering clients to learn and practice safe and healthy coping in place of compulsive or addictive behaviors.
For adults ages 18+
and teens ages 12-17
Both Virtual and COVID-safe *in-person options available (*for Kern County/CA residents)
kids and dogs!
We offer live, interactive courses for at-home learners and their pets!
Some examples of
Our classes include:
- UNPLUG & PLAY Engagement with animals in fun and structured ways provides an effective alternative to the sitting-and- staring-at-screens imposed by technology. Furthermore, this interactivity is mutually beneficial to both children and pets!
- FRISKY FITNESS P.E. Do your kids - and your dogs - need an outlet for getting exercise, blowing off steam, managing excess energy & relieving stress and boredom? Frisky Fitness provides this outlet, while adding a physical education component to homeschooling that also has functional benefits in the household.
- PLEDG: Positivity, Leadership & Empathy in Dog Guardianship . Youth learn social-emotional principles and life skills (e.g. self-management, social awareness and relationship skills), & gain self-awareness and self- confidence, by taking on responsibility for some of their pets’ daily care.
For Children ages 5-8
Tweens ages 9-12
and Teens ages 13-17
Virtual options available .
for the Whole Family
We work with service and therapy dog teams to empower productive interdependence in real-world situations. We also work with pet dogs and their families to address disruptive behavior; or simply to set all members of a "family pack" up for success in a functional and harmonious human-animal household.
The following principles guide
our training and behavior modification programs:
- Our approach is simultaneously science-based and instinct-driven.
- We do not incorporate punitive methods, philosophies or training tools in our work with dogs or their humans.
- Addressing our dogs' undesirable behavior requires a keen awareness of our own; and a willingness to change personal behavior patterns to which our dogs are often reacting when behaving in ways we don't like.
For individuals or families with dogs
Both virtual and COVID-safe *in-person options available (*for Kern County, CA residents)
We are a human/canine (and feline) team of animal-assisted intervention providers. Animal-Assisted Intervention (AAI) is a broad term used to describe the utilization of dogs - and other animals - in a wide range of health, education, and human service modalities, as a way of supplementing and strengthening more traditional forms of teaching and treatment. In addition to utilizing professional therapy animals in facility and classroom settings, Heel 2 Heal is adapting to the rapidly-changing world by further developing
our virtual platform; specifically so that we
can teach children and families how to bring
out the therapy animal in their own pets.
Our programs help pets reach their fullest
potential, while ensuring that all family/pack
members reap the most possible benefit
from the interspecies connection they share.
Serving Kern County, CA in-person
& nationwide, virtually