Join Our Team!
Heel 2 Heal is looking for A FEW GOOD DOGS...and their Humans
Since the dawn of human-canine togetherness, working partnerships between people and dogs have allowed for individuals at both ends of the leash to be greater as one pair than as two alone. If you're looking to pursue a meaningful working partnership with your dog, through which you're able to serve your community in a uniquely special way, read on; and if you feel called to do so, please fill out the application below.
- A resident of Kern County (preferably Bakersfield)?
- Ready to serve your fellow community members alongside your canine confidant?
- Able and willing to contribute time and energy as a volunteer (in Covid-safe conditions)?
Is your dog:
- At least two years old, fully vaccinated, healthy, well-groomed, and spayed or neutered?
- Calm, gentle, well-mannered, even-tempered, and well-socialized in all types of public environments?
- Highly sociable and friendly with other dogs?
- Able to listen, focus, and walk politely on a loose leash -- even when surrounded by distractions?
- One who's "never met a stranger"? In other words, thrilled to engage with people of all ages, shapes, sizes, dispositions and energy levels?
- Lacking in shyness, fear, anxiety, and reactivity or other problematic behavioral tendencies of any kind?
If you answered YES TO ALL of the above, please fill out the following form to learn more about Heel 2 Heal's therapy dog evaluation & training opportunities.